Gusty Girls – Pre-Teen Girls Social Group
October 7 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until November 18, 2020
Gutsy Girls celebrates the bravery and self-discovery that girls experience during their pre-teen years. Designed specifically for pre-teen girls ages 10-12(ish), this therapy group for tweens incorporates fun, creative and mindful activities that fosters connection, belonging, and acceptance. Girls will discover new talents and interests with their online peers, which increases confidence and social connectedness.
We create a safe environment, outside of school, sports, and social media, where girls learn to process the tough stuff in a supportive and confidential environment.
The participants work together on:
• Making positive and lasting friendships
• Embracing their individuality
• Practicing communication & social skills
• Establishing healthy coping skills
• Increasing feelings of self-worth
• Developing emotional intelligence
• Gaining self-regulation and co-regulation skills
• Overcoming anxiety & self-doubt